Trying to find low-cost insurance for a Ford Escape can turn out to be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to compare rates on a Ford and obtain the best price possible.
Ford Escape premiums are determined by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Discounts for multiple policies – The majority of companies give discounts to insureds who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies generally give discounts to insureds who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Marriage pays dividends – Being married actually saves money when buying auto insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be more careless when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Save money with special equipment – Owning a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent car theft.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good initially, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Better credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit history is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Ford Escape by improving your rating. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags can get savings of more than 20%.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on their website.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% on Escape insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will cut your premiums.
For a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates, click here to view.
More effort can pay off
We’ve covered many ideas to shop for Ford Escape insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with a small local company.
Budget-conscious Ford Escape insurance can be bought online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.