Nobody enjoys paying for car insurance, particularly when they are paying too much. Having so many car insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to find the right provider.
This article will tell you the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using this information. Drivers just need to know how to compare price quotes online.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Chevy Impala
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
The list below includes some of the factors that factor into your rates.
- Battle of the sexes – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. They both cause accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Careers like real estate brokers, architects and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates because of high stress and lengthy work days. Other occupations like scientists, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for Impala coverage.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – The liability section of your policy is the protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Where you live is a factor – Living in small towns and rural areas can save you money when buying car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Please use or commuting – The more miles you rack up on your Chevy in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Incorrect usage on your Impala may be wasting your money.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Your credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. People with good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit rating is low, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet Impala by repairing your credit.
- Being married can save on car insurance – Having a spouse actually saves money on your policy. Marriage means you’re more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- College Student – Kids in college who live away from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% for Impala coverage with certain companies.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- E-sign – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application over the internet.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will reduce your premiums.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
You just read a lot of information how to reduce Chevy Impala insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.