Are you a victim of an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are lots of people in the same boat. Numerous car insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to discover the definitive lowest price
Consumers should take time to compare rates quite often because rates change frequently. Just because you had the best price on Prius V insurance a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. So just ignore everything you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the fastest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Compare the Market for Car Insurance
All the larger car insurance companies provide pricing directly from their websites. Getting online quotes is quite simple as you simply type in your required coverages as requested by the quote form. When complete, the company’s rating system requests your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information based on many factors. Being able to quote online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit several different sites and complete many quote forms gets old quite quickly. But it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to get the lowest car insurance rates.
There is a better way to compare rates
The preferred way to locate the lowest prices uses one simple form to get prices from more than one company. It saves time, requires less work, and makes online price comparison much more enjoyable. Immediately after submitting the form, your coverage is rated and you can choose any of the quotes returned. If you find a better price you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. This process just takes a couple of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To compare rates using this form now, click here to open in a new tab and submit the form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing online.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on Prius insurance depending on your company.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of providers with discount car insurance rates, follow this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Lesser-known factors impacting Toyota Prius V insurance rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many add-on coverages you can purchase on your car insurance policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and membership fees may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- More claims means more premium – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies generally give better rates to drivers who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. They both tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Older insureds are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Young drivers tend to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If the Toyota Prius V is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- No coverage gaps is important – Not having insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- How credit affects car insurance rates – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in your rate calculation. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit. If your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Toyota Prius V by improving your credit score.
- Where you live is a factor – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
A little work can save a LOT of money
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
Cheaper Toyota Prius V insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.