Buying low-cost Hampton auto insurance over the internet is intimidating for beginners to shopping for insurance online. With so many choices of companies in the marketplace, how can consumers effectively compare every company to locate the best price?
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. The purpose of this article is to introduce you to how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. But Virginia drivers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web.
Compare Auto Insurance Today
There are several ways to get quotes from local in Hamptonauto insurance companies. The fastest way to find the cheapest insurance rates is to get quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form eliminates the need for separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Taking the time to complete one form compares rates instantly.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A more time consuming way to find lower rates is spending the time to visit the website of each company to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. To find out each rate you need to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Hampton, click here.
- The hardest method of getting rate comparisons is driving to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the personal advice that only a license agent can provide. Drivers can obtain prices from the web and get advice from an agent in your area and you’ll learn how to do that later.
Which method you use is up to you, but double check that you are using exactly the same coverages and limits on every quote. If you use differing limits you can’t possibly find the best deal in Hampton. Just a small difference in limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Hampton can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Additional consumer information websites
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at the Virginia Bureau of Insurance website. Consumers can read consumer alerts, find a variety of consumer forms, and learn about specific coverages.