I can’t think of a single person who likes having to buy car insurance, particularly when they are paying too much. Lots of insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to find the lowest rate
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Finding the best rates in Carson City is not rocket science. Nevada drivers just need to understand the best way to compare prices on the web.
How to Compare Carson City Car Insurance Rates
Getting a lower price on insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. Drivers just need to take a few minutes comparing rates online from several insurance companies. This can be done in several different ways.
- The recommended way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating separate quotes to each individual car insurance company. Just one form compares rates instantly.
- A less efficient way to shop for car insurance online is to manually visit the website for each individual company and complete a new quote form. For example, let’s say you want rates from Farmers, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in Carson City, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare identical coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to determine the best price in Carson City.
Cut your premium with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving. If you’re not getting every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount with a few car insurance companies.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Resident Student – Children who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of companies offering car insurance discounts in Carson City, click here to view.
Decisions you make can impact your rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Women pay lower rates – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause accidents at about the same rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your car in a year’s time the more you will pay for car insurance. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your car insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Residing in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a sure-fire way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Marriage brings a discount – Being married can actually save you money when buying car insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Additional detailed information can be read at the Nevada Division of Insurance website. Consumers can report car insurance fraud, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and view agent and company licensing information.
Smart consumers save more
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare car insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from the least-expected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
When you buy insurance online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.