Sick and tired of scraping the payment together to insure your Nissan every month? You’re in the same situation as millions of other consumers.
Many insurers vie for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider and get the best coverage at the lowest rate
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. Nevertheless, vehicle owners must understand how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Compare Quotes for Auto Insurance
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The simplest method to find the lowest Nissan Pathfinder rates consists of shopping online. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- Probably the best way to get quotes for comparison is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This method keeps you from doing separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Completing one form compares rates from many national carriers.
- Another way to obtain and compare quotes online requires you to visit the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from State Farm, GEICO and Liberty Mutual. You would have to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make absolute certain that you use the exact same coverage limits with every price quote. If the quotes have mixed coverages it will be very difficult to truly determine the lowest rate. Quoting even small variations in coverages could mean much higher rates. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing more company’s prices helps locate better pricing.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% for Pathfinder insurance with certain companies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Lesser-known factors impacting Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – The liability section of your policy provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Save money with special equipment – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent car theft.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Driving with no insurance is against the law and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Even a single speeding ticket can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers with serious tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Increase deductibles and save – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Nissan from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, or theft. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be for Pathfinder insurance.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most auto insurance companies provide better rates to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Better coverage you can count on
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to save on Nissan Pathfinder insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.