Are you overwhelmed by the dozens of auto insurance options in Glendive? Many other consumers are too. There are so many choices that it can easily become a ton of work to find the best price.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost in Glendive, Montana
All major auto insurance companies provide prices on their websites. This process is quite simple as you simply enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. After you complete the form, their system gets your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information based on many factors.
This helps simplify price comparisons, but the process of having to visit many different websites and complete many quote forms can be a bit repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you are searching for lower prices.
The quickest way to lower your rates utilizes a single form to get prices from many companies. It’s a real time-saver, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes comparison shopping much easier to do. As soon as the form is sent, it is quoted and you are able to buy any or none of the price quotes you receive.
If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and buy the policy. This process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and can result in significant savings.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, click here to open in new window and fill out the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you will have a price comparison based on identical coverages.
Save Money with These Tips
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most insurers will give a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – The liability section of your policy will protect you when a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a lot of extra coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Where you live – Residing in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when talking about auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- More performance means more cost – The performance level of the vehicle you own makes a significant difference in your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models usually have the lowest rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Occupations like judges, social workers and accountants have higher rates than average in part from high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations such as actors, athletes and retirees get better rates.
- Special features that cut premiums – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart auto theft.
- Sex matters – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes have accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Most are applied when you quote, but a few must be inquired about in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund and even high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Discount auto insurance can be found online and also from your neighborhood Glendive agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to save on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the best prices are with a small mutual company.
Additional resources for Montana consumers
More information is available on the Montana Commissioner of Securities and Insurance website found here. Visitors are able to read state legal mandates and laws, get help finding coverage, learn about specific coverages, and find out which companies have the most complaints.