Feel like you’re a prisoner to overpriced auto insurance? Trust us when we tell you there are a lot of people in Aurora just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy.
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance increase brand awareness with advertising and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s important to check auto insurance prices every six months due to the fact that insurance rates change quite often. Even if you got the best deal two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Don’t believe everything you read about auto insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some proven techniques to reduce your auto insurance bill.
How to Get Aurora Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways to get quotes and find the best price. The quickest method to find competitive insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This can be done in several different ways.
- The first (and easiest) way to get quotes for comparison is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This method keeps you from doing separate quotes for each company. One quote request will return price quotes from multiple companies.
- Another way to shop for auto insurance online requires a trip to each individual company website to complete a price quote. For examples sake, let’s say you want to compare rates from USAA, State Farm and Progressive. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method. To view a list of companies in Aurora, click here.
- The hardest way to compare rates is to spend your day driving to and from local insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for each comparison quote. If you compare mixed coverages then you won’t be able to find the best deal in Aurora. Slightly different limits can make a big difference in price. Just remember that more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates.
Cut your premium with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before being credited.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education in high school.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
Find out more about auto insurance
More information can be found on the website for the Illinois Department of Insurance located here. Visitors are able to download brochures, report car insurance fraud, file complaints about a company, and view a list of available companies.
Also read more on this Car Insurance FAQ and this page for help finding agents in Aurora, IL.