Tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to insure your Dodge every month? You are in the same boat as the majority of other car owners. Numerous insurers battle for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company and get the definite cheapest price
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Finding affordable coverage is not rocket science. Vehicle owners just need to understand how to shop online.
These discounts can slash auto insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to bad drivers.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
To choose companies offering auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Some factors that can determine what Dodge Grand Caravan insurance costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
The following are some of the items that factor into premiums.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Dodge has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Even one speeding ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. If you have dangerous violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Liability insurance protects assets – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles every year the higher your rate. Most companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your auto insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage. If your policy improperly rates your Grand Caravan can result in significantly higher rates.
- Type of vehicle determines base rates – The performance level of the car you own makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. Due to the fact that the Dodge Grand Caravan falls in the van and minivan class, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price than the average rate where you live. Small economy passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving without insurance is illegal and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage can result in a steep fine or even jail time.You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – The majority of insurers will give a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Dodge Grand Caravan?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
We just presented many ways to shop for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.