Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are many Cleveland consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance.
Many insurance companies compete for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a company and get the best coverage at the lowest price
Finding Car Insurance Deals in Cleveland, Tennessee
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The best method to compare insurance prices is simply to get online rate quotes. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The single most time-saving way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This form eliminates the need for a different quote for each company you want a rate for. Just one form gets rate comparisons .
- A less efficient way to compare prices requires a trip to the website for every company you want to comare and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Nationwide, Progressive and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to visit each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in Cleveland, click here.
- The most time-consuming method of comparing rate quotes is to waste gas driving to local Cleveland insurance agencies. The internet eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the trained guidance that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to compare online quotes and still use a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If you use mixed coverages it will be very difficult to make a fair comparison in Cleveland. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits may result in a large different in cost. Just remember that getting more free quotes helps locate better pricing.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Car insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so we break down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts in Tennessee, click this link.
When should I talk to an agent?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Should I buy only the required Tennessee minimum liability coverage?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Tennessee?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
To learn even more about car insurance
Even more information can be read at the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance website. Tennessee consumers can view agent and company licensing information, read state legal mandates and laws, read industry bulletins, and find out industry alerts.
More related Cleveland car insurance information: